Are you committed to humanist values?
Are you progressive, do you care about economic, social and environmental justice?
Do you have more faith in processes of change than in conventional development projects?
Do you write accurately, critically and clearly?
If so, this may interest you …: www.sosfaim.dev.manjaro.zeus/sos-faim-recrute/
Full time (40 hours per week), permanent position
Based in Schifflange (Luxembourg)
Private employee status under Luxembourg law
– Listen to and establish an on-going dialogue with SOS Faim’s partners in Africa about their strategy, activities, and, their financial and human resources.
– Support partners in their development.
– Identify new partners – agents of change who fit with SOS Faim’s strategy.
– Transfer, accumulated, partner and SOS Faim knowledge.
– Actively represent SOS Faim in various national, European and international forums.
– Share donor-related tasks with colleagues (funding applications, completion reports).
– Identify new long-term funding partners, who support SOS Faim’s approach.
– Master’s degree, preferably in social sciences (sociology, anthropology, political science, and similar) or economics, environmental studies, amongst others
– Minimum of five years‘ experience in development cooperation, especially providing holistic support to agents of change in Africa, if possible in rural settings
– Ability to enter into a true partnership with supported stakeholders
– Fluent oral and written French and very good knowledge of English
– Proficiency in Microsoft Office, in particular Excel
– Autonomy and ability to work within a small team and to immerse yourself in different cultural settings
This position requires frequent travel to Africa. If you are interested and fit the required profile, please send your application by e-mail only to Thierry Defense, Director of SOS Faim: email@example.com, by 20th January 2017.
SOS Faim is a civil society organization, which is registered as a development NGO by the Luxembourg Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MAE). Its mission is to see a world without hunger, that is fairer, more caring and respectful of the environment, where all peoples can live in dignity, with their basic needs provided for. SOS Faim helps to achieve food sovereignty in the South and North by supporting sustainable family farming, raising awareness and mobilizing citizens and advocating for development policy coherence.